Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Spinach Salad






INGREDIENTS FOR VINAIGRETTE:

1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Tsp Black Ground Pepper
1/4 Tsp minced garlic
1/4 Tsp Chicken Bouillon powder {Knorr}
1/4 Tsp Dijon Mustard


DIRECTIONS:

Add all ingredients in the order they are listed and mix using either a whisk or add all ingredients to a tight lid container and shake! ENJOY!

INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD:

4 Cups of fresh spinach {washed and dried}
1/4 Cup of Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
1/4 Cup chopped walnuts
3 oz Fresh Blackberries
1 Small Pear Chopped into bite size pieces {optional ingredient}


Mix all ingredients and serve. 



11 comments:

  1. That salad looks so delicious, Maribel! Lunch is coming up and I see salad being made and hoping teenager didn't eat all of the blackberries:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious! I love that you can add chicken to it and make it an entree! :D Enjoy!

      Delete
    2. P.S. Hope your teenager didn't eat all the the blackberries! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'd probably add a little lettuce of some sort to this but even just as is it looks incredibly good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can add any greens, I choose spinach because it is high in iron and many vitamins :D and it is a great way for kids to enjoy it :D

      Delete
  3. Yum! Thanks for sharing a healthy meal idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! We have many more healthy recipe ideas on pinterest. I'm working on a group board that I will soon share on twitter. So make sure you check my feed for it's link or follow me on pinterest :D

      Delete
  4. Love this recipe!! Thanks for sharing - I'll have to pin it so I can make it later!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Rebecca :D Go ahead and pin away :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! it's one of my favorite salads. :D

      Delete